Saturday, March 3, 2012

Saying Goodbye to Ms. Stevi

Gabriel has been attending KidSpace Learning Center for over a year now. He started when he was 3 1/2 yrs old in the pre-k program, and his teacher has always been Ms. Stevi. She has been a great teacher, and Gabriel has loved her from the beginning. Unfortunately, after five years with KidSpace she has taken a job elsewhere, and her last day was on Friday, March 2nd. We were so sad to see her go...especially Gabriel. She was also very sad to leave. Gabriel was worried that she would forget him, so I told him we could make her something she would see and use everyday that would remind her of him. We decided to make her a keychain, and he picked out all the beads/trinkets and put it all together. He also made her a cute card, and was so excited to give it to her. Of course, she loved it, and we said our "See ya laters" (because it couldn't be "goodbye")...so we'll see ya later, Ms. Stevi!
Keychain Gabriel made for Ms. Stevi

Front of the card Gabriel made for Ms. Stevi

Inside the card (notice the "v i"...the rest of her name written inside)

Final goodbyes (poor Ms Stevi was crying)

3 comments:

Katee Nebelski said...

Oh, poor Ms. Stevi! :( That's got to be rough on her, as well as on her students. I hope Gabriel's new teacher is every bit as fantastic as Ms. Stevi has been for him. He's such a thoughtful kid, and you're a great mother, for helping him come up with a way for Ms. Stevi to remember him.

Sapp Family said...

I love the key chain!! It's so beautiful! Ms. Stevi sounds like she was an awesome teacher! Gabriel sure is growing and I can tell he's learning lots! I was just sitting thinking, "Is he really gonna be 5 this summer!??" Crazy! Anyway, I hope you guys are doing well. I sure miss you all! Tell Gabriel is aunt says hi and give him big hugs for me please! I love you all!!

Lisa said...

So sweet! Love the card.