Gabriel is going to be a Bumblebee for Halloween. He is so stinkin' cute in his outfit.Anyway, I thought that Muhammad Ali's quote was appropriate for the title of this post, because it perfectly describes how I am feeling about my little guy right now. Muhammad Ali used that saying to describe his fighting style. He was light and quick on his feet and almost graceful like a butterfly, but when when he landed a punch it was quick and lethal...like a bee.
While most of the time Gabriel is my little light-hearted, quick on his feet butterfly his temper tantrums have brought quite a sting as of late. He has taken to crying so hard in a fit of rage that he forgets to breath and passes out.
I don't know if any of you mom's out there have experienced this with any of your kids, but your input/advice would be appreciated right about now. I haven't talked to my pediatrician about it yet, but I've read that it's normal for toddlers to do this.
I don't really care if it's normal - I DON'T LIKE IT! I don't like watching my baby's lips and face turn blue and then watching his little body go limp. It freaks me out and sends me into tears when he does it. It' s only happened a few times, and the last time he didn't completely pass out because I blew in his face and shook him a little to get him to breathe. UGH!
Help, PLEASE.
6 comments:
neither of my boys have done this but my lil cousin used to and the only way out of it for his parents was exactly what you did. They used to blow in his face.
I feel for you. I can only imagine how painful that is to watch.
Sorry can't be of much help but sending you warm parenting fuzzies all the same.
brad used to be such a stinker when he was little. his mom told me that when he was about 5 or so they would go to the store and he would ask her to get something he wanted. most of the time she would say no. so to make her look bad, he would hold his breath until he passed out! eventually she learned to take him out of the store before he passed out or not bring him at all. what a little stinker!?!
anyway, i know this has nothing to do with the situation you're in, but it sure did remind me of this story.
i'm scared for when aimee gets to this stage in her life. i don't know what i'm going to do either. sorry i'm not much help. if i find out anything more i'll be sure to let you know.
well, i can't wait to see you guys this weekend! i love you!
Ursala - Gabriel is a stinkin' cute little bee! As for the tantrums - my kids definitely throw their share but never have passed out (yet!). However, my husband's mother said he used to and she did the exact same thing you do - she would blow in his face. I bet you he will grow out of this phase - and that's all it will be but I can imagine how stressful it is. Good luck!
that is the cutest little bee i've ever seen! ...about the other- i have heard of that but i don't know much about it... i would be freaked !!
hi, he is so cute, and the face in that picture! as for the tantrums, distract him...their attention spans are still fun and short (thats good and bad) so distraction works so that the tantrum does not build to that stage, and keep saying, "this to shall pass!!" coz it will. We stopped taking sheen to the supermarket because of her tantrums, its a bit of a balancing act, but it has to be done.
sorry hope that helps
Urs, he looks so cute in his outfit. I'm sorry I don't have any advice for you on you little situation. I'm sorry you have to go through that. I know how hard it is to watch our children dealing with anything like that.
Post a Comment