Tuesday, October 21, 2008

This Boy Can Dance!

Gabriel is 15 months old! I can't believe he will be in the church nursery in 3 more months. Where has the time gone?!!! As you can see in the picture above his best friend is a teddy bear his Great Grandma (my grandma) gave him. He has clung to that thing from the very beginning and I've already washed it three times. He kisses it so much that teddy's face gets all crusty.

He is still our little bean. Based on an at-home weigh-in he was around 22 pounds and 31 inches. But, you wouldn't think that so much sass could come from such a little thing! But, I love that he knows what he wants. I hope that characteristic continues with him as he grows...and perhaps promote him to always think for himself instead of being a "follower."

His vocabulary continues to expand word by word, and we really have to watch what we say. I feel almost embarrassed to post this, but the other day the SH** word slipped from my mouth. I RARELY swear (I wish I could say never-sorry, Mom), but I did and he was around and wouldn't you know as soon as I said it he was trying to mimick it! I was HORRIFIED! Luckily he hasn't repeated it and neither have I!

His favorite word is "NO!" He is so darn cute when he uses it.

Mommy: "Gabriel should we take a nap?"
Gabriel: "Nooooooo."

Mommy: "Gabriel, can I have a kiss?"
Gabriel: "No, no, no!"
Since his ears and eyes are constantly on mommy and daddy we also have to watch how we interact. Patrick and I play around a lot and I smack him on the head or arm...only playfully, but Gabriel gets upset with it. The other day Gabriel was on my lap and Patrick was trying to tickle my feet, so I smacked him on the head to stop and Gabriel looked at me and slapped me across the face and said, "no-no-no." He was serious! So, our new rule is no hitting...even if it is just playing around...that is the last thing I want our little guy to mimmick.

He also has such a sense of humor now and will do things to try and get a laugh, and if we don't laugh then he actually laughs out loud at himself - we just love it!
His eating habits have really changed too. He used to eat pretty much anything and TONS of it, but lately he has narrowed down his choices and really doesn't eat as much as he used to. His favorites: pancakes, cheesy eggs w/spinach, toasted cheese, bananas, baked beans, popcorn and oatmeal cake. As you can see the only vegetable that made it in there was spinach...and only if it is in something else. He will only eat vegetables if he is in the mood, which is rare. Usually I have to sneak it in to the cooking.
And, one of his favorite things to do is dance! Anytime there is music whether it's from the tv, the stereo, or his toys he will bust out dancing. We were at a wedding a few weekends ago and the bride and groom were having their first dance and he was dancing right by our table...he just couldn't resist! Here is a video of some of his dance moves:

3 comments:

Gail said...

oh my gosh thats sooooo cute. What a wonderful time of life.
enjoy enjoy enjoy!

Simantha said...

He is so funny dancing! these kids must have done a lot of dancing in heaven, cos every little one i know cant resist the urge to "shake shake shake". I think they like all the attention it gets too! I like the look of your new blog, nice touch of fall without too much pumkins! tis good to hear from you again.

Sapp Family said...

Ah...how cute! He's getting so big, and so is Aimee Lynn. Today she turned 5 months old. I can't believe she'll be 6 months old in just one month! Your blog set up is so cute!!! Where'd you get it from, I mean the background? I'm glad to hear things are going well with you guys. Are you guys still heading to Rexburg sometime soon if you haven't already done so? Miss you and love you!