My cuddle-bug turns 3 today! He's still pretty cuddly, but boyhood is taking over. Most days he would rather jump and climb all over me than cuddle with me. I sometimes miss my baby. BUT, Gabriel is such a sweet little boy. He is very loving and affectionate. Often times, while in the middle of some pretty intense play, he will stop to come and give me a hug and a kiss and say, "I love you ma-ma." I just love this about him...I hope he doesn't out-grow that too soon.
Gabriel LOVES to talk...and talk...and talk...about anything that comes to mind.
"Ma-ma do you like apples? I like apples...BIG apples. And Papa drives a Chevy. I saw Jeramiah riding his bike on the grass. Why did he ride on the grass? Oh! Do you hear that? I think it's an ambulance!" He will talk like this for hours if you let him...and you don't really get a word in edge-wise. One of his favorite parts of our bed-time routine is "talk time," because he can sit and tell us about his day (or whatever else he wants to talk about) with our undivided attention.
With so much to say that usually means he is quite vocal during times of discipline.
Ma-ma: Gabriel I told you not to hang on the blinds. Please don't (that is the 3rd time I've said it).
Gabriel: Still hanging on blinds...
Ma-ma (raising voice): I've asked too many times. Go sit on the stairs for a time-out!
Gabriel: Don't talk to me like that, Ma-ma! I don't like it!
Depending on how upset I am that either makes me more angry...or I try to hold back the laughter. But, whenever there is a time-out there is usually anger and then tears. He will get so angry that he will punish himself. "I don't want to watch my show!" or "I don't want to play outside!" or "I don't want to eat my popsicle!" Then he cries and wants to be held, because deep down he just wants to please you.
My little Gabriel is quite the helper and he likes things to be neat. He likes to line things up and have his bed made, and he hates to have a messy face or sticky fingers. He loves to help cook in the kitchen and help his Daddy fix things. He is so proud of himself when he gets to help.
He is also VERY independent...or at least he insists on doing everything himself. He has to get his own clothes out and dress himself...and we aren't allowed to be in his room while he is doing this. That usually means he comes out mis-matched with clothes on backwards or underwear missing. We just let him do his thing.
Gabriel's best bud is his Daddy. They have so much fun together...playing and wrestling and just being silly. He loves to be silly. Making faces or cracking jokes or laughing at bodily noises that only boys think are funny.
I love that. I love everything about Gabriel. I love that he shouts, "Ma-ma, wipe my butt!" when he's done in the bathroom. I love how he gets excited to go somewhere...even though he has no idea where we are going. I love that he dances and sings the words to the UmiZoomi show. I love how he puts his hands on his hips when he is trying to tell you something serious. I love how he sings the hymns in sacrament...making up the words as he goes. I love that he asks me to kiss his "owies" when he hurts himself, and that it makes it feel better immediately.
There is so much to love about him...and we love it all! Happy Birthday, Gabriel!
Gabriel LOVES to talk...and talk...and talk...about anything that comes to mind.
"Ma-ma do you like apples? I like apples...BIG apples. And Papa drives a Chevy. I saw Jeramiah riding his bike on the grass. Why did he ride on the grass? Oh! Do you hear that? I think it's an ambulance!" He will talk like this for hours if you let him...and you don't really get a word in edge-wise. One of his favorite parts of our bed-time routine is "talk time," because he can sit and tell us about his day (or whatever else he wants to talk about) with our undivided attention.
With so much to say that usually means he is quite vocal during times of discipline.
Ma-ma: Gabriel I told you not to hang on the blinds. Please don't (that is the 3rd time I've said it).
Gabriel: Still hanging on blinds...
Ma-ma (raising voice): I've asked too many times. Go sit on the stairs for a time-out!
Gabriel: Don't talk to me like that, Ma-ma! I don't like it!
Depending on how upset I am that either makes me more angry...or I try to hold back the laughter. But, whenever there is a time-out there is usually anger and then tears. He will get so angry that he will punish himself. "I don't want to watch my show!" or "I don't want to play outside!" or "I don't want to eat my popsicle!" Then he cries and wants to be held, because deep down he just wants to please you.
My little Gabriel is quite the helper and he likes things to be neat. He likes to line things up and have his bed made, and he hates to have a messy face or sticky fingers. He loves to help cook in the kitchen and help his Daddy fix things. He is so proud of himself when he gets to help.
He is also VERY independent...or at least he insists on doing everything himself. He has to get his own clothes out and dress himself...and we aren't allowed to be in his room while he is doing this. That usually means he comes out mis-matched with clothes on backwards or underwear missing. We just let him do his thing.
Gabriel's best bud is his Daddy. They have so much fun together...playing and wrestling and just being silly. He loves to be silly. Making faces or cracking jokes or laughing at bodily noises that only boys think are funny.
I love that. I love everything about Gabriel. I love that he shouts, "Ma-ma, wipe my butt!" when he's done in the bathroom. I love how he gets excited to go somewhere...even though he has no idea where we are going. I love that he dances and sings the words to the UmiZoomi show. I love how he puts his hands on his hips when he is trying to tell you something serious. I love how he sings the hymns in sacrament...making up the words as he goes. I love that he asks me to kiss his "owies" when he hurts himself, and that it makes it feel better immediately.
There is so much to love about him...and we love it all! Happy Birthday, Gabriel!














4 comments:
I'm loving all of the updates! I bet Gabriel and Cade would be good buddies if they lived close together!
So cute! Can't believe he's grown up so much! Happy birthday Gabriel!
Happy Belated Birthday Gabriel! I can't believe how fast time has gone. Thanks for the updated posts. Take care!
3 wow! wish you all lived closer, Saki did invite you to CA ;) Mere's always been a wiggly one, but glenn's not as cuddly any more, guess cause he's walking more. How do you like your new place?
Post a Comment