Our July 4th weekend was fun. We watched fireworks on Sunday with some friends. First, we headed to Portage Lakes to find a spot, but we were surround by cigarette smoke and half-naked people everywhere we went, so we ended up heading to Fairlawn fore fireworks. Jenn came prepared with all sorts of fun glow sticks/glow axes/glow-everything for the kids! We all brought yummy stuff to snack on and enjoyed running around and visiting while we waited for the fireworks to start.
(Pictures courtesy of Patrick...he insisted he take the pictures this time)!
 |
| This is what happens when Patrick takes the pictures (me and Jenn) |
 |
| Natalie...wearing some sort of wig thing and light-up mask and binki! |
 |
| Cute Natalie |
 |
| Cute Delaney |
 |
| Justin - enjoying some popcorn |
 |
| Wadster |
 |
| Gabriel - sporting the CHEESIEST smile I've ever seen |
 |
| "Axing" Daniel |
 |
| Just having fun! |
 |
| Fireworks |
Then on Monday, the 4th, we dropped off Gabriel with the Andersons while Patrick and I had a nice date. The 4th is always kind of special for us, because that is when Patrick proposed to me...under the fireworks at the Shoreline in California.
 |
| (Dance we went to after the proposal) |
I can't believe that was ten years ago...it really does just seem like yesterday when I think about it. He was so cute and kind of nervous when he proposed. Earlier in the week he had called my parents for their blessing, and then he picked me up to go and watch fireworks. As he was getting back into the car the ring box fell out of his pocket onto the ground. I saw something fall out, but I didn't realize (until later) that it was the ring box. We were sitting on some swings with the fireworks lighting up over our heads when he told me how much he loved me.Then he stumbled over a few more words and paused. I could tell he was pretty flustered. I remember him saying, "Sorry, I'm not so good with words, but I love you and I want you as my "copilot" (there's a little story behind that)...will you marry me?"
I asked him (years later...after being married) why he was so nervous to ask me to marry him when we had already been discussing it as a possibility. He said he wasn't nervous to ask me to marry him, he just didn't want to screw up the proposal, and after dropping the ring box in front of me he felt like an idiot. He said he had other things he wanted to say that night, but he kept tripping over his tongue. I told him it was the cutest thing I've ever seen and I wouldn't have wanted it any other way. So, the 4th of July always brings back the fondest memories.
3 comments:
Such an adorable story! You two are wonderful for each other. :)
We had so much fun, and am so glad we left that place at portage lakes!! his camera takes awesome pictures and you two are SO CUTE!! I love hearing people's stories :)
Soooo sweet! I love that story of you two. Has it really been 10 years?!?!? Where did they all go?
Post a Comment