Sunday, July 8, 2012

32 Weeks (8 Months Pregnant)

(Technically as of the date of this entry I'm in my 36th week-I'm a little behind on updating.)

This little guy has definitely grown and I can see it and feel it in my belly. I think for about a week he was going through a growth spurt, because I had a week of pure exhaustion...the kind where you feel like you can barely get yourself out of bed to move (too bad I couldn't have just stayed in bed), which I haven't felt since the first trimester. During that time I also had A LOT more of the leg/foot cramps, which makes me think this little guy was taking every bit of nutrients/energy I had to offer during that week. Then it was like a switch...the next week I was feeling like my normal self again. Beyond that rough week I feel pretty good and my blood glucose, blood pressure and urine proteins have all continued to be normal. My swelling has continued at the same level, which is also encouraging, because it only seems to get bad in my feet/ankles/legs when I have to sit for long periods of time (like at my desk job).

Baby Heber (we have FINALLY picked a name) continues to be quite active with his kicks and punches, but he also does a lot of shifting/rolling from side to side which looks and feels so strange to me. At an earlier ultrasound the tech told me that my planceta is at the back of my uterus, so there is no cushion between the baby and my belly, which makes movement easier to feel and see. It's so funny to watch my abdomen shift and change shapes, and even funnier when Gabriel and Patrick watch it because they yell and laugh and get kind of freaked out by it.

I'm feeling so blessed to be having this little one, and to be having such a great pregnancy.

32 wks

4 comments:

Heather said...

I am really excited for all of you. I love when other people can see the belly move - I also love that the boys always seem a bit unnerved by it :)

Mel said...

You are a CUTE pregnant lady, Ursala! So glad this pregnancy is going well...hope you don't have too many more of those ultra-tired weeks.

Todd and Angie Powell said...

I'm so happy for you! You look awesome, and I'm so happy to see such great people be blessed with another cute boy!

Lisa said...

Only 2 weeks left!!! Yea!! Love the name Heber too! Can't wait to see the little guy! I also loved your post about Fathers! You look great Urs!