Saturday, July 14, 2012

Already a Big Brother

These are just a few of Gabriel's thoughts on being a brother. He is so excited to be a big brother and to meet this new baby. He tells me daily that he can't wait to meet his brother, and he wish he would just hurry up and come out already.

Yesterday morning (5:50am) Patrick woke up to the sounds of Gabriel's play kitchen (in his room)...the burners make boiling and sizzling sounds. He could hear Gabriel talking:

"Heber I'm making you pancakes for breakfast. They're REALLY good...
Oh no! I burned the pancakes...just like Daddy burned the bacon yesterday!
Don't worry, Heber, I will just make you some more..." and he continued for several minutes in his pretend conversation with his unborn baby brother.

Then later that evening as we were putting him to bed he said,
"When Heber turns two I'm going to share my bed with him. I will have this pillow (pointing to his own pillow) and Heber can sleep on my pillow pet. Don't worry...I will take good care of him and make sure he doesn't fall out of bed."

It's so sweet to hear him talk about his brother like this already. I hope he continues to feel this way AFTER the baby is born.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

That is so stinking cute!

Katee Nebelski said...

What a sweet little boy! <3

Beth, Cody, Morgan, Pepper, Hazel said...

Hebert is the luckiest baby boy ever! Gabriel is honestly unreal in his cuteness! Such wonderful memories.