Thursday, December 13, 2007

Time Flys

Gabriel is 5 1/2 months now. Time is flying and it's amazing from one week to the next how much he grows and changes. I just thought I would share a few insights into his little life (for those of you interested):

•He is VERY ticklish. Just changing his diaper or dressing him can evoke giggles galore.

•He has moved on from being obsessed with his hands and feet to being obsessed with other people's mouths and chins. Every chance he gets he grabs someone's mouth or chin.

•He loves to do squats. He will stand up holding onto my fingers and squat down and then push up to stand up again. He feels so accomplished everytime he gets himself standing, and will announce his accomplishment with a loud aaaahhhh sound.

•He has such a sense of humor. When he coughs or sneezes I give him quite a reaction (usually something like "oh my goodness" in an excited, high-pitched voice). He just giggles or squeals in delight. So he has figured out how to force a coughing sound so that I will respond in my silly way, and then of course I get a big smile or giggle.

•He LOVES music, and his favorite songs right now are: Twinkle-Twinkle Little Star, Popcorn Popping on the Apricot Tree, Itsy-Bitsy Spider, and a Fijian song: Moo-Moo Maa. He also loves the music on the Ghirardelli chocolate commercial (Flower Duet - Lakme) and everytime it comes on he will stop what he is doing and turn to watch and listen.



No comments: