Thursday, March 20, 2008

First Day of Spring

Well...this in Montana for ya - snow on the first day of Spring. What an unpleasant surprise to wake up to after all the snow had melted and we were having chilly, but sunny days...as of now we have about 2 inches.

I looked out the window and what did I see...
Snowflakes falling on the first day of Spring!
Spring has brought me such a yuck surprise
Snowflakes falling right before my eyes
I can take an armful and make a ball
A huge snowball that could knock you down
It wasn't really so
But it seemed to be
Snowflakes falling on the first day of Spring!
(To be sung to the "Popcorn Popping on the Apricot Tree" Primary song)








(Note: The ugly houses and colors are due to neglect on the part of Montana State University...we live on campus - and these little ghetto houses we're built in th 1950s...and I think that was the last time they were painted.)

2 comments:

Gail said...

oh oh oh... snow is so pretty when it isnt a frequent visitor I guess.

Hopefully you will get back to sunshine soon enough. Or you could visit someone in, hmm, I dunno.. Italy perhaps. I hear its sunny there right now - well not RIGHT now cos its 5am, but in a couple of hours it will be. Oh so I hear..

Ginger and Gregg said...

WOW! I thought it was cold here until I saw that picture!