I can't believe my baby is 11 months old. We will be celebrating his first birthday next month!This time last year I was on bedrest waiting for him to arrive. I was so swollen and uncomfortable and ready to meet our little Gabriel.
He isn't walking yet...thank goodness. I have a hard enough time keeping up with him and his "turbo" crawling. He can stand up for a little bit on his own, but as soon as he takes a step...down he goes.
And I know you are all just DYING to find out what Gabriel CAN do:
•Patty-Cake: he can now do all of the gestures...it's so darn cute!
•Blow kisses: he will put his fist to his mouth and blow a kiss (MWAH sound and all)
•Words (baby versions): "mama", "dad", "pat" (when I call out for Pat he will call out Pat too), "papa", "baba" (says this for bottle and diaper), "haooow" (hello)
•Imagination: he likes to pretend with objects now. He will pretend something is a phone or a car and make the appropriate gestures and sounds - so CUTE!
•Copy-cat: he is starting to copy things we do. For example, he has started to try and kiss our feet, and at first I couldn't figure out why, but it's because we always kiss his feet. He will also copy some of our gestures, and if we yell for someone across the house he will yell out too.
He loves to get Patrick's wallet and look at our family photo.


5 comments:
What a stinkin' CUTE kid you have! I can't believe he is almost a year old. That is cute that he is starting to talk a little. Oh and I am glad you survived watching your nephews too, I bet you were exhausted afterwards!
-Ginger
Oh, Urs he isn't far from walking if he is doing that!! I give you another two months, if that, and he will be walking!! Watch out because running isn't far behind. Such a cute boy with a personality. I really hope I can see him in August!
Isn't it so fun to see kids grow up and learn new things, I can't believe he's almost 1 year, WOW! When Saki and I were in WA we were with kid's I babysat since they were toddlers and when some were just born. It's so neat to see them grown up, weird, but fun--and SOOO much easier!!! Meresiana gets funner by the week... she can sit up for a bit now before tipping over, which is nice :)
He has the cutest little smiles! You really do have one cute little boy!
are you doing anything in particular for his 1st birthday?
Post a Comment