Thursday, September 25, 2008

I GIVE UP

Our house is tiny: 2 bedrooms, 1 bath squeezed into 550 sq feet. That's like the size of a big master suite in some people's homes.

As a result it doesn't take much for my little, ghetto house to look messy. And now that Gabriel can and does get into everything it pretty much looks like a tornado blew through our house on most days. I dread the idea of anyone stopping by, because of how bad it can sometimes get.

I used to spend my entire day picking up the same messes over and over, but anymore I leave the chaos to be cleaned up right before Patrick gets home...and sometimes even then it doesn't get done until our little bean is in bed. I would put away his toys only for him to dump them all out again, or he pulls his clothes out of his hamper and drawers, he dumps out all of my tampons in the bathroom, he pulls down all of his books and stuffed animals...you get the picture. And if you don't then here's a picture for you:

Luckily there are only two drawers that Gabriel can get into...the rest of the cupboards and drawers have child locks on them. Gabriel loves the fact that he has his own drawers to get into and he takes advantage of it several times a day. I've gotten to the point where I don't even fold these hand/dish towels anymore...I just shove them back into the drawer, because 5 minutes later he will have them all out.

But, look how cute he is...you gotta love him!

8 comments:

The Wynia Family said...

He is the cutest little man! I am totally with you when it comes to picking up their messes. I don't even attempt it until Preston is in bed.

Sapp Family said...

this is the day i'm dreading. but i still have a while until i get there, so i'm preparing myself mentally for it right now. you're right though....he is so cute!!! and i sure do love him! i so can't wait to see you guys when you come to rexburg!! i'm excited!! :)

The Lukes said...

I love the messes! This is the beginning of the rest of your life. I was SO excited to see you on Sunday, but of course I didn't really have a chance to talk to you besides in passing with our babies. I hope everything is well with you! Miss you!

Belle said...

Oh my, but you enjoy the time with Gabriel and that's more important than cleaning :)

Jamie said...

he is so cute, I love this picture. I gave up a long time ago on trying to pick up mess after mess so I leave it until the evening. I feel the exact same way that I hope no one stops by.

Ginger and Gregg said...

I hear you woman! I went seriously crazy for the first 6 months after Cash was born trying to keep my house clean. Then I was like you and realized I was spending too much time cleaning and not enought time doing the things I love. I always tell Gregg that if we are ever rich enough I will SOOOO have a maid!

Sapp Family said...

don't give up ursala...keep posting! ;) hey, when are you and your cute family coming to Rexburg? i so can't wait to see you when you're here! call me, or i'll call you...when aimee lynn is sleeping! :) speaking of which, she has found her voice this past week...so she loves to use it whenever she can!

Belle said...

How are you guys doing???