Friday, April 10, 2009

"He is SOOO TWO!"

These days my baby isn't looking much like a baby anymore...he looks like a little boy. I often ask him the rhetorical question, "Can't you stay little forever?" Sometimes I really wish he could. It really makes me want to have another baby...but we've been working on that for 18 months now. However, as it was when we were trying to conceive the first time we will have to trust Heavenly Father will bless us again when the time is right.


So, Gabriel is 21 months. Although he is a few months shy of being two...he sure acts like a two year old. For the most part it seems like the tantrums have gotten better, but he is just into everything and could care less how many times we tell him to stay out of things...he get's this twinkle in his eye and goes right back at it.


Lately, he loves to:

-Flush things down the toilet
-Feed the dog (or tries to)
-Clean the cat box (imagine cat litter EVERYWHERE)
-Sneaking chocolate eggs and eating them behind the couch
-Repeatedly getting into the game cupboard and dumping the games all over
-Wrestling with the dog & picking up the cat by her head or tail

JUST TO NAME A FEW...BUT, he's so darn cute!

Getting into mischief isn't the only thing he is doing these days. He is starting to talk a lot more - making two word sentences. Everyday he says 5-10 new words...I know this is a normal stage in his development, but it sill amazes me how quickly he learns. He knows most of his colors now; can count to 10 and identify most of those numbers.









The cutest is when we have family prayer. He will get on his knees with us and fold his arms and we won't even be three words into the prayer when he will start saying "Amen" through the rest of the prayer; and if the prayer doesn't end soon enough he will get up and start kissing and hugging us. It makes it hard to stay focused...but we just love it...we just love him!





8 comments:

Gail said...

OHHHH lil cutie. I love that discovery stage, isnt it so fascinating to be a parebt.


So nice to see an update.

We are going to be in Montana next week, helena and kalispell.

Anywhere near you?

Lisa said...

Sooo Cute!! Wow. I can't believe how much he has grown. He really looks like a little boy. Looks like he loves grandma too.

ensadler said...

Whoa! He has gotten so big! He looks older than Jace to me, granted he is but not by much. I wonder if it is because Gabriel is thinner. He is still such a cutie! Thanks for the updated pics!

Celeste Tabakece said...

So glad to see a post. Gotta love that stage:) I'm impressed he knows his colors. Saki knows how to say them, but doesn't know what they are. I can just imagine him behind the couch enjoying those chocolate eggs. LOVE IT!!!

Todd and Angie Powell said...

What a cute kid, and smart too. How are things going there in Bozeman? Are you still in FGH? When did you get a cat and a dog? We sure do miss you. Are you on facebook anymore? Let me know your e-mail so we can stay in touch. Hope all is well.
Angie :)

Belle said...

Adorable! He looks so much older than the last photos we saw! Is he getting darker too?

Sapp Family said...

Oh my GOSH!! He is getting cuter and cuter everytime I see him! I hope he doesn't flush anything too important down the toilet. :) I'm sad we aren't able to see you guys before your big move...I'm sure we'll see each other again someday though! I love you guys!!

Karla said...

Hi Ursula... I know, one day we will have to meet in person. :) Funny how many people I "know" via blog only. Thanks for the compliments. Yes I have been working very hard at getting in shape. The whole turning 30 thing lit a fire in me. When I started my goal was actually to get back to the same size as our engagement... but I have managed to go even smaller and I LOVE it. :) Secret is the Insulin Resistance Diet. I cut back on sugars and increased my lean protiens... oh and being totally occupied with Nadia has helped too. :) I work full time at the moment... not my first choice. Hopefully not forever... but for now that is where we are at. Hope you are well. Moce. :)