Friday, June 19, 2009

The Big Move!

Most of you already know that we recently moved to Ohio. To make a long story short, Patrick transferred to the University of Akron to complete the Survey Engineering program. Since most of his classes transferred he should be graduating next December!

So far we like Ohio. It's lush and green and HUMID. People are friendly, and while Akron has about 200,000 people you can get that small-town feel by driving just a few mintues out from the city. We're only a 45 min drive from Cleveland; and only a 30 min drive from Kirtland and several church history sites.

I just wish it wasn't so far away from family...we really miss them. :(
So, here is the beginning of the last few months of our lives:
Driving the biggest Uhaul out there and towing our car...we're off to Ohio.









Stopping to enjoy an acutal "view" in North Dakota (who knew North Dakota had "views?")









Gabriel was such a good boy during the LONG 1600 mile drive.












Every stop we made he had to "drive" the truck.












Stopping in Minnesota for a break at the playground!
























This is the best picture I could get of the Chicago Skyline (while in a moving, vibrating Uhaul truck)










Finally made it to Ohio...and got the truck all unloaded!
















Gabriel LOVED hiding in all the nooks and crannies a house full of boxes created!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Cute pictures! Moving is such the pits though. I am glad you are settled. Hey, give me a call and let me know about the 4th! Hope you have a great day and enjoy that humidity!! :) That can be the pits too :)

Melanie said...

Way to go on surviving that road trip! I am so impressed. I didn't know you were moving but am glad to see a blog post. Good luck getting settled!

Todd and Angie Powell said...

I'm so glad you made it o.k.! We sure will miss you, but that's so awesome that he graduates in December yeah for graduating!

Sapp Family said...

I'm glad that you guys are all moved in by now! And to hear that Gabriel was such a good little sport the whole way!! Love you guys!