Thursday, July 9, 2009

Turning 2

Gabriel turned two on Monday. We just had an intimate family party. I made Gabriel his favorite meal for dinner: BREAKFAST (Pancakes, scrambled eggs, hash browns and sausage). I also made him an Elmo cake.

We set up our outdoor "gazebo" in the backyard with the mosquito nets down (they eat you alive here), and spread a mat and brought all the presents and cake outside. We wanted to surprise Gabriel, so we had Nana take Gabriel to the front while we filled the gazebo with balloons (which he LOVES) and presents and cake (which he saw me making -and pitched about 3 fits because he wanted it right then and there). Then he came running to the back and all we heard was, "Whooooa....WOW...BALLOOOONNNS...BIR-DAY CAKE!" He was pretty excited. In fact he was so preoccupied with it all that he didn't even want to blow out the candle on his cake.

Opening presents was still an overwhelming thing for him...he didn't quite know what to do with himself. He got a firetruck, some really fun books, clothes, candy, play-doh, sidewalk chalk , paints and crayons. He wasn't sure what to go for first...but like a typical boy ended up going for the firetruck...and who picked that out for him? But his 5 & 7 yr old cousins Jory and Julian! They know what to get!

The best part was at the end when we let him release about 15 helium balloons into the sky. I don't think I've ever seen him so delighted!






















5 comments:

Gail said...

AWEOME!!!!! Happy Birthday lil dude, youre lookin' good Gabriel.

What a fun way to celebrate, brava.

You made that cake????? decorated it and everything???? youre incredible!

Sapp Family said...

OH MY GOSH! That Elmo cake is SOOOO cute!! I love it! And I bet it tasted really yummy, just like the one last year. How long did it take to make this one? And I hope Gabriel had an awesome birthday...which I'm sure he did, 'cuz the pictures show it all. :) By the way, the pictures are BEAUTIFUL! And I love the balloons idea! I think I'll try to do that for AimeeLynn next year because she also really LOVES balloons!! Give Gabriel lots of kisses for me. I miss you guys! Love you!

Lisa said...

So cute! Happy 2nd birthday to the birthday boy! I love all the pictures! Also, great job on the cake. It looks professional!

Simantha said...

HAPPY Belated Birthday Cutie! Gosh he is such a big boy now and his looks are changing....
Pat to answer your question about the movie...A muslim king who rules all of a majority HIndu India marries a Hindu woman for the benefit of his kingdom, he has to fight deceit within his own ranks, yet show mercy to his most formidable enemies.

Kristie said...

i can't believe he is two years old and i have yet to meet him! now that you live a little closer....
I have made b-day cakes for my boys for the past few years, and they turned out pretty okay... but nothing compared to ELMO!! i'm really impressed. The cake is amazing. though, you've always been really creative.
lots of love!