So, we've been transitioning from our fun-filled summer to a cozy, busy Autumn. Patrick has been busy with his classes. He's away more as his classes demand a little more field work, but he sure is enjoying it. The other day I was looking at his "Surveyor's Reference Manual." It all looked so confusing and overwhelming to me. Too much math! Thankfully, Patrick really excels at math, which is why I suppose he enjoys surveying so much! He has also been called to the nursery at church. We have a HUGE nursery of about 25+ kids! And oddly enough the nursery leader is the only female in nursery. All the "helpers" are men...and they all do great in there. Patrick really enjoys it as he gets to see Gabriel play and interact and learn.
I've been busy with classes myself. I've picked up a few classes at the University of Akron in preparation to apply for the Radiology Tech program next fall. It's been ten years since I've been in school, so I've had to kind of get back into the routine, but I'm glad that I've been given this opportunity.
When Patrick and I initially prayed about moving to Ohio so he could finish his education I wasn't exactly excited to head that far east...far away from my family. However, we trusted in the Lord, and we were given a clear answer that Ohio was where we needed to be. Initially it was hard because we didn't know a soul, and I eventually lost my job and haven't found a steady job since. But, since we've been here we've been given so many opportunities to grow spiritually, as a family and as individuals. While we really miss family that we've left in the west...we are counting our blessings and enjoying life here in Ohio...all thanks to a Heavenly Father who knows what's best for us.
Gabriel...well, he has been a busy boy. He spends as much time as he can outside riding his bike and playing with his neighborhood pals or climbing on the jungle gym. His favorite thing to do right now are jigsaw puzzles. Once he starts he can't stop...sounds like a certain Grandma I know. And if it's got wheels then he is playing with it. He LOVES cars, trucks, tractors...you name it, and he LOVES to "park" all of them.
Today it was fast and testimony meeting and I was able to share my testimony, and Gabriel really wanted to do it too. I'm not one that believes in taking small children up to the pulpit only to whisper into their ear a "testimony" that's not their own. However, Gabriel was so insistent that he wanted to share his testimony. So, his Nana took him up to the pulpit. His testimony was as follows(with no help from anyone):
"Hi, my name is Gabriel Tora. I love Jesus. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen."
It was so sweet and so pure of heart. I was so glad that he wanted to share that. He is such a sweet-spirited, kind and loving little boy. We are so blessed to have him in our lives.





3 comments:
What great pictures. It sounds like you all are having a great time. I'm so excited for you and the rad tech. thing. My sister just did that and is loving it. It will be a great career, but you could do anything well ;) Have an awesome fall season.
Good to have an update on you guys! We miss Ohio and those beautiful fall leaves; fall is my favorite time of year too! Cute pictures of Gabriel and I love his sweet little testimony!
ok, you just get the best pictures taken, you must really know what you are doing in phtography...I know its hard to be away from family, but I will be the first to say, that I am THRILLED that your sweet family is here in Ohio! I loved Gabriel's testimony, he is just such an awesome little kid...You bring a sweet spirit with you, and I am looking forward to getting to know you and your family better, and for our Justin to have Gabriel as a new friend :)
Post a Comment