Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Pumpkin Carving & Halloween

We made a trip to MapleSide farms last weekend, and Gabriel picked a pumpkin for us to take home and carve. I think he spent at least 10 minutes carefully evaluating all the pumpkins before deciding on one. Unfortunately, I think he gets that trait from his mother (sorry, buddy).

So, for family home evening on Monday we carved the pumpkin. I'm not into elaborate carvings (although I admire them). I just like to stick to the basic jack-o-lantern look. I drew the face; Patrick carved; and Gabriel was totally grossed out by the slimy insides of the pumpkin. But, when all was said and done Gabriel just loved his carved pumpkin...he sat and stared at it for several minutes in admiration.


On Wednesday, we went to our church carnival and "trunk"-or-treat. Gabriel dressed up as Mickey Mouse this year and had a great time playing games, making crafts, and eating too many sweets! After spending about an hour at the carnival it was time to "trunk"-or-treat. There had to be at least 50 cars backed up to the sidewalk offering a whole variety of treats. In fact, towards the last leg of trunks Gabriel's bucket was so full of candy that it got too heavy for him and Daddy had to carry it the rest of the time.







 

 






3 comments:

Lisa said...

Cute! How fun! We still need to pick and carve our pumpkin! I'm a bit behind this year!

JoshandJen said...

I need to get a camera like yours, or maybe I just need you to follow our family around and take pictures :)
Gabriel has the cutest personality, love the pictures and loved his costume, I think he has been the only mickey mouse I have seen in a long time, what a good idea!

Sapp Family said...

I love the pictures Ursala! Gabriel is SO CUTE with his pumpkin. :) Sure hope we see each other soon! Love you!