Gabriel LOVES to help in the kitchen. Whenever I'm in there he is always under-foot...standing on his tip toes with those big brown eyes peering over the countertop.
"Mommy, can I pour that? Can I stir that? Can I crack the egg? What's that? What's for dinner? Can I smell? Let me taste that!" He is so happy to be in the kitchen and helping that I probably get at least 15 hugs, 30 "I love yous," and 100 "Your the best mama!" comments.
The other day we made chocolate chip cookies. He cracked the eggs (and some egg shell) into the bowel, poured in all the ingredients, ate more chocolate chips than we actually put into the cookies, stirred everything up and spooned a batch of dough onto the cookie sheet. He is quite the little baker!
 |
| (Mixing in those chocolate chips) |
 |
| (Taking a break to say "cheese") |
 |
| (Back to more stirring) |
 |
| (first attempt at spooning cookie dough) |
 |
| (Look at all those pieces - pretty funny!) |
 |
| (Close-up of his handy work) |
 |
| (Getting the hang of it - he's a natural) |
 |
| (Finished product - don't make me smile) |
 |
| (Can't stay serious for that long when you've just made cookies) |
 |
| (The Handsomest Baker I Know!) |
6 comments:
We'd be two peas in a pod that Gabriel and me! I love to bake too! So do my kiddos! Very cute!
he is so dang cute...and skilled!
love it! It hard for me to get Mere to stop "tasting" when we cook together...
I think that is one of the best joys in parenthing, baking/cooking with your kiddo's. Its such a fun memory for them too. Natilie still loves to bake in the kitchen and so does daniel. I love those pictures, Gabriel has the cutest smiles and expressions! He looks like he did an excellent job on those cookies, they look yummy!
My kids are always there as soon as they know I'm cooking too! Makes cooking a little more fun...most of the time ;)
Gabriel is so cute!! And those cookies look so yummy. :) I don't know what it is with little kids and jammies, but I think the two put together is absolutely adorable! Please give him lots of loves for me! I miss you guys and love you lots!!
Post a Comment