My appetite has kicked into high gear, which I NEVER experienced in my previous pregnancy (probably due to being sick), so I'm trying to learn how to keep myself in control. Based on my last weigh-in (at 20wks) I had gained about 4 lbs (total pregnancy), but that was before my appetite kicked in. I'm sure my appointment this friday will show a much more substantial gain (*sigh*)
The appointment this Friday (almost 25wks pregnant) will also include the glucose tolerance test. Since I had gestational diabetes with Gabriel the doctor had me start tracking my blood glucose levels about a month ago. They've all been normal (fasting, before a meal and 2hrs after a meal), so I'm hoping this means I can avoid the 5 shots of insulin in my belly every day.
This little guy is a mover, and he is the most active in the morning and at night. He also gets going about 30min after a meal, so he must enjoy getting his nutrients too! Gabriel and Patrick talk to, yell at and sing to the baby at least once or twice a day. I don't think this baby has any idea what he is getting himself into. ACTUALLY - I don't know if I know what I'm getting myself into...adding another boy to the mix!
We still have not decided on a name. The name originally at the top of my boy-name list was Liam, but it's becoming more and more common and my sister named her little guy that, so that's a no-go. I want to give him a Fijian name, but one that is easy to pronounce, or at least can be shortened to a pronouncable name. I've always liked the name Joji (pronounced jo-gee), which is Fijian for Geroge. But, Patrick does not like the name as there are a few family members that have that name that he is not too fond of. We can't seem to find another Fijian name that we like. Patrick suggested we name him after my dad, Michael. But, that is a VERY common name and I don't really want a name that is too common. We started entertaining some other names that have been on my boy-name list since before Gabriel was born...Elijah, Hinckely, Ethan, Heber, Josiah, Cooper, Tucker...I like all of these names, but they just aren't "fitting" yet. So for now, this baby is nameless. I have no idea what we are going to name him. Suggestions are welcome!
In other news, I had a bit of a fall down the stairs earlier this week. I was going downstairs with Gabriel on Thursday morning and my foot slid out from under me (bare foot on carpet - who knows how that happened), but I caught myself in time to kind of twist my body so that I landed on my left hip and kind of bounced down about ten stairs. Patrick flew out of bed upon hearing the thud-thud-thudding down the stairs. Gabriel was still at the top of the stairs and said, "Daddy, Mommy just went down the stairs like a speed boat!" It definitely hurt, but I didn't really injure myself. However, I was so freaked out about hurting the baby that all I could do was start crying, and then Gabriel came to hug and love me. Since I didn't experience any bleeding or cramping or fluid leaking, and I still felt him moving I figured he was okay. However, Patrick convinced me to call the doctor and just to be safe they sent me to OB triage where they monitored his heart rate and me for contractions for a few hours. They also examined the rest of me and made sure I did not have a concussion. All was well- I just gave myself a nice bruise on my lower hip and made a whole bunch of other areas really sore.
Only 16 more weeks until this baby is due!
![]() |
| Baby Belly - 24wks |
![]() |
| 24 wks |


3 comments:
Look how cute you are!! You look radiant!
You are adorable, Ursala!
We're still struggling with a name as well. I really like Garrett but Kellen hates it... And every time I make a list of a few names I like, I go back the next day and wonder what I was thinking.
I'm so glad this pregnancy is so much easier for you!! You still look great! :) And I'm glad you and baby are doing okay after your fall down the stairs. That's always so scary when you're pregnant. The name Joji made me smile. That was my mom's nickname in the Philippines. The only two times I've ever heard it was from her family and now from you. :) Funny how things happen sometimes. Well, I'm sure you guys will pick an awesome name for your little one. I can't wait to hear what it is! And by the way, I love all the pictures!! Tell Gabriel I said hi and shower him with lots of lovin'. I love you guys!
Post a Comment