Just a little moment that I wanted to record:
This week has been kind of rough for various reasons. But one day in particular certain things came to an overwhelming culmination, which was a little more than my pregnant/hormonal self could handle, so uncontrollable (and unexpected) tears came in a VERY public place to the shock and awe of my husband and 4yr old.
Gabriel: "Mommy, what's wrong? Are you okay?"
I tried to pretend I wasn't crying or holding a tissue to wipe my blubbering face by using the tissue to wipe his nose instead, which kind of helped me redirect my focus and calm down.
Mommy: "Nothing is wrong. Come here...let me wipe your nose it's all crusty."
Gabriel: "Then why are you crying?"
Daddy(much more equipped to come up with an answer): "Mommy is just feeling a little sad right now."
Then I have to blubber out: "Oh, I don't know...sometimes when you are pregnant the hormones in your body make you cry (an obvious indicator that I'm still not in the right frame of mind when I'm trying to explain hormones to my 4yr old)
That seemed to be a good enough answer. He gave me a hug and the matter was dropped. Later that evening I had a church activity to go to, which meant Patrick put Gabriel to bed. Patrick told me the following prayer was said (unprompted) on my behalf:
"Heavenly Father, please bless mommy so she can feel better because her hormones make her sad."
I was so touched by his sweet little prayer...that he demonstrated such a thoughtful and sympathetic concern and knew to express it in his prayer. That was all I needed to make me feel better and remind me of how truly blessed I am.
4 comments:
So cute! What a sweet little boy!
Gabriel is such a kind and thoughtful cutie! I love it when you post priceless conversations with him, it's adorable and I'm sure he'll appreciate it when he's older!
What a sweet boy. And what wonderful parents to have taught him so well of the power and personal nature of prayer. <3
I love this post, thanks for sharing! Hope to reunite soon!
Post a Comment