Sunday, April 15, 2012

Making Pizza

We love to cook in our household, and Gabriel loves to be in the midst of it. He is always asking to help, and half of the time I'm in such a rush to get dinner ready that I just tell him he can help another time. But, I think it's important to let children help in the kitchen, because it's a great opportunity to teach them some basic skills, let them use there hands, give you some great one-on-one time with them, and I've found that Gabriel is more inclined to eat the food we make if he helps make it.

Just a few recent Gabrielisms:
"Daddy, I know what handsome is. It's when you and mommy buy me a new shirt and new pants and I look REALLY good - that's handsome!"

While playing UNO with Gabriel I laid down a "draw-two" card, which means he had to draw two extra cards. He looks at me and says, "You little stinker!" Then he catches himself and says, "Oh no, I don't want to say that about you Mommy, because I love you." (awww)




1 comment:

Katee Nebelski said...

You are such a patient and loving Momma! Your boys are lucky to have you!