Monday, May 28, 2012

28 wks (7 months pregnant)

The date of this entry actually marks 30wks of pregnancy for me, but I'm taking pictures every four weeks (starting with the 20th week) until my 40th week, as such the pictures below reflect my pregnancy at 28 weeks. BUT, I've officially entered the third trimester, and I only have 10 more weeks to go!

I'm still feeling really good, and it's safe to say that I've avoided the gestational diabetes (although I still track my blood glucose) and my blood pressure is still averaging between 100/60 - 118/70. Preeclampsia could show up anytime (let's hope not), but last time I didn't show signs (elevated blood pressure, super swelling and protein in urine) until 35wks. I'm hoping to avoid that all together so that I don't have to be induced like last time.

I have minor swelling that comes and goes with heat exposure and prolonged standing or sitting, and some mild hip pain, but who doesn't get that towards the end of their pregnancy?! My total weight gain (as of 28wks) is 13 pounds. I was hoping to reach that gain around 36 wks, but I guess that isn't in the cards for me. This last doctor visit I actually lost a few pounds probably because I was sick for three days with a really bad stomach bug. So, I can't complain too much! Most of the time I can say that I'm still pretty comfortable unless the baby decides to stretch out into my ribs. He continues to move like crazy, and more so in the evenings.

We've recently narrowed the baby's name down to two names. My poor mom has spent many a phone conversation going through baby names with me trying to give me ideas, and she inspired us with one name, Caleb, but then when we looked up the meaning (Hebrew for "dog"), so Patrick and I decided to forgo that name. Naming this baby boy has proven to be very challenging...mostly due to me. There are a lot of good names out there, but none that were really "grabbing" me, so I've been driving my entire family crazy! However, there is hope now that we've got it narrowed down to two names. Until then we just call him "Baby Tora."
28wk Ultrasound - look at that CUTE profile

28wk Ultrasound - his little foot...with all five toes!

28 wks pregnant!










Some of Gabriel's thoughts on this baby and pregnancy:

• "Mommy why does your belly button look like it's turning inside out?"

• While sitting at the OBGYN waiting to be seen a pregnant woman walked in - she had to be about 38wks, and Gabriel says (way too loud):
"WOW, Mommy is your tummy going to get REALLY big like her tummy?" (I cringed)

• Gabriel had his hand on my tummy and felt the baby kick for the first time:
"WOW! I felt him kick! I bet this is the move he used..." then he proceeds to show me some karate-type kick

•We were watching some friends kids and the baby (who is about 10 or 11 months) was crying quite a long time.
Gabriel said: "Mommy, will my baby brother cry like this?
Me: "Yes, it's possible."
Gabriel: "Well I hope not or I'm going to have to spend a lot of time in my room with the door closed."

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Sooo cute! Loved all of Gabriel's thoughts! You look fantastic, I can't believe you've only gained 13 pounds. That's excellent. That's about how much I've gained by week 12 :) I'm usually at the 40 lb mark by the end. Can't wait to see what you guys are naming him and of course to see pictures of your little guy!

Jerry & Becky said...

You look great Ursala! I have to admit that shortly after Drew was born I realized I had never taken a belly shot during my entire pregnancy. I was always putting it off to another day. I debated making a "fake" belly picture, but I have just resolved to let him know someday what a slacker his mom can be sometimes =)

Katee Nebelski said...

I'm not kidding- you should be a maternity model. You are absolutely gorgeous! And way to go on such a small weight-gain! I've officially passed you up, and I'm several weeks behind you.

I can't wait to hear what name you choose! We're still working on that...

I love the things Gabriel says! He is so cute!

Belle said...

: ) you are beautiful! glad your pregnancy's going so well! Namesare hard! We didn't have Nasui's name for about 2 days after he was born!