Monday, May 28, 2012

Fun Day at Lake Erie

Recently some friends invited us to spend an afternoon enjoying the "sand, surf and sunshine" on the shores of Lake Erie. We've lived in the greater Akron-Cleveland area for almost 3yrs and have made MANY trips to Cleveland, and driven by the lake, but never really sought out a beach area for recreation. I suppose in my mind a lake beach just wasn't going to be "good enough" after having lived on the California coast for several years. However, this particular beach area was well kept and clean, and the lake is so massive you almost feel like you are at the ocean (*almost*). So, we were pretty excited to spend some time with the Macey family up at Lake Erie - enjoying the sunshine, food and company. The kids had WAY too much fun - to the point that tears were flowing when it was time to pack up and go. It might not have been a California beach, but it's about as close as we can get to having our "day at the beach..." in this land-locked area.
Making our way to the "perfect" spot

Hugo ready to go in his beach gear

Couldn't be happier!

Testing the (cold) water...
Getting to work


Building that sand castle

Gabriel and Avy working as a team...

Braving the cold water (they had so much fun together)

Good times!
Meanwhile...Hugo keeping it real on the beach towel


Kami and Hugo

Avy decided to bury herself in the sand while Porter was working more on the sand castle

The sand castle!

Tora Fam at Lake Erie

Hugo loves Patrick

Hugo HATED the sand, so we solved that problem by putting him in our beach bag!

More splashing fun!

The Macey family (Porter's sister was visiting) at Lake Erie

Then you have the crazy Fijian jumping in and ruining the picture...

2 comments:

The Enslingers said...

Wow! What a small world! I totally went to high school with Kami and Porter. I didn't know Porter very well, but I played soccer with Kami! I called her "Little Poophead" and she called me "Big Poophead!" That is crazy that you guys are now friends with them in Akron, Ohio! Seriously small world! BTW, you look AMAZING! What a beautiful pregnant lady you are! And I am super excited for you guys to have 2 boys too! Anyway, it is good to see you guys are doing well. I can't believe how long it has been since we were all back in Bozeman!

Kami said...

i love how you told about the day with pictures, that was awesome! I need to check up on blogs more often because they are so cute! reading others blogs makes me want to update mine! and then to my surprise when i come to make a comment, I read the above comment hahaha! But I didn't know who it was cuz the "poophead" story was vaguely familiar - so I clicked on her profile or whatever to find Heather (Hansen back in our high school days!) hahahah....and then I totally remembered calling each other that! haha! I'm glad we grew out of that phase :) But seriously it is a small world!