Thursday, May 24, 2012

Let's Go Fly a Kite...

Life has been so busy. Just when I tell myself we only have a few more days or weeks of a certain hectic schedule...the days and weeks ahead fill up and there just really isn't much stopping.

The last half of April was filled with exams, projects and papers and then of course preparing for final exams. Why didn't I appreciate how carefree my life REALLY was during my true "college" days...when all I had to think about was school? It's so much harder to have a family and church callings AND two of us working and in school. Luckily the busy days were also filled with fun things too!

For example, the Easter Bunny left a kite for Gabriel in his Easter basket. We've had several windy days that were perfect for kite-flying in the soccer field behind our house. Gabriel was so excited to fly the kite, and was very focused and determined to keep it flying high!

Building the kite with Daddy

Getting the kite up for it's first flight!

Flying it on his own!
Could he be any happier?


Sooo FOCUSED!

Making sure it's flying "straight"

LOVE this...trying to keep it from crashing!

Taking a break (I love how the sunlight glows thru his cute ears)

Gabriel has also been busy doing things like:

• Fun computer games...his favorite being the Memory Game (It's sometimes strange for me to see my 4yr old handle a computer better than I could when I was in high school):

•Making homemade lemonade with Daddy (with real lemons):

•Building his train set (he loves this thing and we frequently trip over it in our entry way)
Taking his train to the "zoo"

Heading home from the zoo...


(He looks so grown up here)

•AND Having fun at his friend Brenden Sorenson's birthday party:
With his "buds"

One of the activities was painting your own train. Gabriel LOVED this!


Then it was time to ride in the fun cardboard train!

Gabriel thought the cardboard train was the best thing - EVER!

All the party gang enjoying pizza and birthday cake!

No comments: