Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Gabriel's 5th Birthday

Gabriel has been talking about (obsessing is probably a more apporpriate word) his birthday since Christmas! He was so excited to have a birthday, and we wanted to throw a big birthday party for Gabriel this year, but time and finances didn't allow us to. However, that didn't stop us from making the day all about him.
We started off his birthday with early morning snuggles and happy birthday exchanges, and then headed down to our modestly decorated dining room to have "Cars" birthday cake for breakfast! (Because what 5yr old doesn't want to have cake for breakfast). Of course we had to open presents immediately after cake, and then it was time to get ready for the REST of the day. Gabriel got quite a bit of birthday money, so we started out at Toys-R-Us so that he could pick a toy to buy. He decided to buy a remote control car. That boy NEVER gets tired of cars (but I sure do)! Then we ended up at Chuck-E-Cheese to spend about an hour playing games. Gabriel had been waiting for this all year, and I think it's safe to say he had A LOT of fun. After Chuck-E-Cheese we ate at his favorite place: Steak-N-Shake!

Gabriel's Thoughts on it all:
Gabriel: You know what I liked?
Mommy: What?
Gabriel: When you said, "Gabriel what day is it today?" And I said, "It's my birthday!" And then you gave me a BIG hug and said "YAY - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!"
I REALLY liked that part.

Happy Birthday!

I think he is having a "HAPPY" birthday

Wearing the new Nike outfit from Grandma
(We can't quite figure out where his Nike obsession came from)

On the way to Chuck-E-Cheese!

Of course we start out with a race car game

Although this picture is blurry it sure does capture all
the fun Gabriel was having!


Being silly with daddy on the "Roller Coaster" game


The remote control care he got for his birthday!
Happy 5th Birthday to our Gabriel! We've loved spending every moment of the past five years with you and watching you grow from this:

(1yr)
       To This:
(5 yrs)

No comments: