I think I've perfected my oatmeal cookie recipe...and guess what...I'm willing to share! I have two secret ingredients that aren't customary in traditional oatmeal cookies... Disclaimer: These produce soft, chewy, heavenly cookies that are VERY addictive. I cannot be held responsible for how many you consume after baking.
Yields 4 dozen
Cook time: 8 -10 min
Oven Temp: 350 degrees F (175 degrees C)
Oven Temp: 350 degrees F (175 degrees C)
Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup butter flavored shortening
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp allspice
1/2 tsp salt
3 cups rolled oats
-------------------------------------------------------------------------Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. In a large bowl cream together butter, shortening, brown sugar, white sugar, honey, peanut butter and vanilla until creamy.
2. In a large bowl cream together butter, shortening, brown sugar, white sugar, honey, peanut butter and vanilla until creamy.
3. Add eggs one at a time to creamy mixture and beat until smooth
4. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, allspice, salt and oats and STIR into creamy mixture.
5. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheet
6. Bake 8-10 min until golden. Do not overbake.
Note: I found that the bottoms of my cookes were golden brown before the rest of the cookie, so I removed them and they finished baking as they cooled - this produced the softest and chewiest results!
2 comments:
I will try these! Although I am not sure if Brevin will eat them as they do not have chocolate chips in them and they have peanut butter, which he can taste the slightest hint of flavor. Either way I doubt that I will have a problem eating a batch!
I love your blog! Thanks for stopping by my recipe blog and adding me to your list! I need some of these cookies right about now! lol! Have a great weekend!
Post a Comment