Sunday, November 28, 2010

Christmas Tree Festival

Our friends, the Andersons, called us up on Saturday to see if we wanted to head to the Christmas Tree Festival in downtown Akron.  So, I got my butt off the couch and out of my pajamas (yes, I was in them all day) and we met them to stroll through all of the beautifully decorated trees that were to be auctioned off to benefit the Children's Hospital.

Even Santa was there, which got the kids all excited until it was time to actually sit on Santa's lap. Justin (who is Gabriel's age) was a little uneasy about Santa, and Gabriel wasn't sure what to think once he got on Santa's lap. He had the funniest look on his face. I think he was uncomfortable being in such close quarters with someone he didn't know. But, our kids weren't the only ones scared of Santa...there were several others that cried and ran as their parents tried to get them to sit on Santa's lap.

We got a few pictures of our families and of some of our favorite trees. We were so glad the Andersons called and invited us, because we hadn't heard about the Festival and would have really missed out!


                             








3 comments:

Belle said...

Wish we could see that-I should see if they have that kind of thing here-I'm sure they do! I love all those ideas people have-and I enjoyed working at a store that sold and decorated trees like that in SLC-how fun!

Lisa said...

How fun! I love the tree with the candy canes sticking out!

JoshandJen said...

Loved all of your pictures, it was so much fun, I am glad you guys could go :)