----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We were telling Gabriel that he was going to spend the day with Nana, because we were going to the temple. In response, and in a very serious and desperate tone, he said,
"You can't go without me - I have to get married there!"
(At least I know he is listening to some of our family home evening lessons)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We took Nana to go and buy some safety shoes for work. So, when we got to the shoe store the sales representative was measuring her foot and making small talk. He asked her where she worked. Then he asked Patrick and I where we worked. After we all answered there was a pause in the conversation, and then we hear from Gabriel (in his "matter of fact" tone):
"Well, I go to preschool and wear a backpack."
(He doesn't start preschool until January, but he figured he had something to say too).
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Papa & Grandma called for Gabriel:
Grandma & Papa: "May we speak to Gabriel?"
Me: "Just a minute...Gabriel, the phone is for you."
Gabriel: "Who is it?"
Me: "I don't know you'll have to get on the phone and find out."
Gabriel: "Hello-Who am I talking to?"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gabriel is such a sweet & loving little boy. At least once a day he will give me a hug and say:
"You're such a good mama."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Every morning we have cuddle time in our bed with Gabriel. Lately he will get right in between us and say,
"Mama, you kiss me on this cheek (pointing to his right cheek). Daddy you kiss me on this cheek (pointing to his left cheek). Ready...1...2...3...go!"
Then we both have to kiss his cheeks at the same time!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I had just tucked Gabriel into bed and kissed him goodnight. On my way out of his room he said,
"Mama, wait. I have just one more question..."
He then had to pause and think of a question...which ended up not being a question, but more of a random statement about how he really likes to eat his Halloween candy.

4 comments:
He is just the cutest boy EVER!! (along with my Justin of course ;) but I just love him! You guys are such good parents and doing any awesome job with raising your cute little man!!
Sooo sweet! I love all the cute things they come up with to say! You'll be so glad you are writing it down! What a cutie. On another note, too bad we aren't in Columbus anymore! It would have been fun to see you when you went came down for the temple. I guess now we'll just wait for you to move back west ;-)
I absolutely LOVE reading Gabrielisms! Thanks for sharing the sweet things that sweet little boy says. Love you all!
I love the Gabrielism post. What a great idea. I love reading your blog. Happy Holidays!
Post a Comment