![]() |
| (Look at those feet hanging off!) |
Since part of our goals as parents is to teach Gabriel how to use his agency wisely, we spend a lot of time "giving him choices," at all levels. It not only helps us to teach him, but it also gives him (the 3yr old) the control he so desperately seeks. He is still figuring out the part about how there are consequences for choices (good and bad), but he's starting to get it. In fact, it's been pretty funny lately that he gets it enough to mimmick it back to us.
So, the other morning a certain 3yr old crawls in to our bed and whispers in my ear, "Mommy, it's time to wake up! We are going swimming!" He then says, "Mommy, you have two choices, you can go swimming and have fun OR you can go swimming and play. Which one, Mommy?" His cute little face was so serious as he looked up at me from those big, brown eyes...eyebrows raised; hands gesturing in the air for an answer. If only all of my lifes decisions left me picking between "having fun" or "playing." I picked "playing," because I knew I would be certain to "have fun" while playing!
I also recently snapped a few shots of Gabriel in his church suit. He thinks he's pretty hot stuff with that red bowtie, and I suppose I have to agree.






7 comments:
So cute! It's great when the kids start using the old this-or-that option on us parents. Briggs is a pro.
You guys are such great parents!! I feel like I'm failing everyday with my kids.
Gabriel is such a stud :)
Wish we could go visit teach again!
you are such a good mama! i LOVE all the pics with the bowtie! too cute!
adorable!!! and I love your red velvet cake-so pretty! What kinds of choices and how do you present them to Gabriel? I am trying to do that too..
he is so cute!!! btw... i LOVE the pillow that is beside him in the pics... i want one!
Loves
~K~
what a cutie!
oh p.s I love your pillow!
Post a Comment