SEPTEMBER 2012:
Heber had grown so quickly already. He is such a sweet baby, content to watch the world around him. He has extended his sleep from every three hours to every 4-5 hours. This time around we seem to have a problem with our diaper changing timing, as he has pooped and peed on us at least 20 times already! We only had a FEW incidents with Gabriel, but with Heber every diaper change is an on-edge race against time. I can only relate it to working the bomb squad - you just never know when or if it going to go off! It didn't help that at 6wks he caught a NASTY cold that Gabriel brought home from Kindergarten, and ended up with an ear infection. We had to put him on antibiotics and the poop was forever flowing...and OVERflowing.
My favorite part about this month with him:
-We got our first smile at 5wks
-At around 6wks he began making eye contact, having "conversations," and interacting with us. I LOVE it when this happens, because now there is a reward to the feeding, poopy diapers and sleepless nights.
Both Patrick and I are back in school as the semester started at the end of August. Luckily for us we were able to work our school schedules so that one of us is home with Heber. I would NOT have been able to put my 3wk old baby in child care. It would have just ripped my heart out, so I'm thankful we were able to work that out. We don't get to see each other too much, as I'm in school every day 8-2pm and then he picks up from 3pm to anywhere from 6-9pm. I'm feeling VERY overwhelmed with balancing things. I know part of this is my recovering hormone levels. However, balancing school, family, church callings, internships, lack of sleep, constantly pumping breast milk and whatever else you want to throw in the mix (like doing it all with ONE vehicle) has been challenging to say the least. I can't wait for my hormones to level out, as my anxiety is through the roof and my coping capability is pretty much zero at this point. The only keeping me going is a lot of prayer and a VERY supportive husband.
For now, I'm just trying to count my blessings. I am so greatful to have this opportunity to be a mother again. I wasn't sure if we would be blessed with another baby, and now we have little Heber. It's amazing how he changes our family dynamic - how we feel even more like a family than before (if that is even possible).
 |
| 5wks old - already such a big boy |
 |
| 6wks - propped up for a few seconds |
 |
| 6wks - Loving his bath - always relaxes him |
 |
| His cute little grin! |
 |
| Getting some giggles |
 |
| Look at that sweet face and that cute, little body |
 |
| 7wks: He loves to grip his hands like this - Gabriel did the same thing |
 |
| My handsome boys! |
No comments:
Post a Comment