Thursday, December 6, 2012

Heber's Baby Blessing & Enjoying Family

August 5th - 16th:
About a week after having Heber my dad drove out with my two nephews. My mom had been with us since the 1st of August, and he was coming out to meet the new baby and pick up my mom. Gabriel was so excited for Papa and his cousins to come out. He had been calling Papa frequently to share knock-knock jokes over the phone. He knows he can always count on Papa to be silly and ridiculously fun!

While my dad was here we decided to bless Heber. He was only 10 days old when we blessed him. Normally, I like to wait until they are around a month or two old, but I wanted my dad to be part of his blessing, so we decided to bless him on August 12th. Unfortunately, I did not take a lot of pictures. I actually CAN NOT believe I did not take any pictures of Heber in his blessing outfit. We at least have one of the family, but I certainly wasn't thinking very clearly that day (still kicking myself for that one)!

Our famly and friends who participated in the blessing
Left to Right: Dad, Jory, Mom, Me (holding Heber), Patrick, Gabriel, Julian
Dave Tefteller and Jon Lee (missing: Porter Macey)

Our cute family in the back yard after the blessing
Of course, when Papa is around there is never a dull moment. I don't think he will do well with retirement. He just has to be busy and on the go all of the time, which equals fun for all of us!

There was a "Boys Night" in Pittsburgh which consisted of lots of swimming at the Marriot pool and catching a Pirates game. This was Gabriel's FIRST baseball game, and he LOVED it! Of course he also loved all the "treats" papa got him (hot dog, cotton candy, slushies, lemonade, pretzels, popcorn - I can't believe he didn't get sick)!

Jory(8), Julian(10) and Gabriel(5) ready to swim!

Too much fun in the pool!

Chowing down before the game started

In case you couldn't tell - Gabriel is excited to be at the baseball game!

Papa bought him a Pirates hat!

Cotton candy bigger than his head!

PNC Park-Pittsburgh

There wasn't really anything to cheer about, but Gabriel cheered/yelled
because that's what you do at a ball game, and he thought that was the
best thing since sliced bread.

Julian, Papa and Gabriel
Of course after WATCHING a baseball game the next obvious thing would be to PLAY baseball! Since my caesarean incision was still healing I cheered from the sidelines and took pictures, but everyone had fun!
Mom up to bat...made it to 1st!

Julian hit one...

But, not quite far enough to let mom get to 2nd!

Our new baseball fan

This is what Heber did during our family baseball game!


I just had to share this picture of Heber and Gabriel both wearing the same outfit:
It was a lot of fun to have family visiting, and especially fun for Gabriel to have some cousins to play with and some extra love from grandparents! I often wish we could be live closer to family, but these are the times I really wish it, because Gabriel enjoys his family so much, and you really want that for your kids!

Jory, Julian and Gabriel playing soccer at the field behind our house

Gabriel trying on Papa's robe - he thought that was pretty fun!

Two Peas in a Pod: Nintendo DS Addicts!
Heber is one loved baby! Everyone got in on the holding/feeding/loving action!
Papa holding 2wk old Heber

Julian wanted to feed Heber - he's a natural!

Even Jory wanted to hold him
(Which was surprising as he has always been kind of indifferent about babies in general)

Although my mom wanted a granddaughter (badly) she always comments,
"At least I will spend my life surrounded by handsome grandsons!"

No comments: