Tuesday, October 30, 2007

I'm Tagged

I've been “tagged” by my friend, Lisa. This round requires that I share six truths about myself that you may not know. So check it out below:

1. When I was in 6th grade we had a sleepover at the school and some of us were jumping on a big red “tumbling” mat while others moved it back and forth and turned the lights off and on (how genius is that?) and somehow I ended up falling off the mat face-first and broke my front tooth – it is now permanently crowned.

2. I’m a big cry baby - just the sight of tears or anything even remotely spiritual or tender can result in tears.

3. I’m an introvert – shy, home-body, and don’t really care for social settings or meeting new people.

4. During the first trimester of my pregnancy my hormones weren’t so kind and I would sometimes slip into what we now term the “psycho pregnant lady syndrome.” One time it caused me to become hysterically upset because some tater tots spilled on the floor. I remember picking them up and squishing them in my hand in anger and looking at them ooze through my fingers with tear-filled eyes. Patrick offered to help pick them up and he said when I turned to respond to him I almost looked possessed and told him to back off. NOT a pretty site – my poor husband just stood back trying to contain himself, because he knew if he laughed it would send me over the edge.

5. In the winter when it’s cold I like to wear my Ugg boots (they aren’t actually Ugg’s they are a Costco version), but they didn’t have my size so they are a bit big, which leaves a lot of extra room in the toe, and I often catch it and trip. Well, last winter my husband was making dinner while I was paying bills in the office. When he yelled dinner was ready I was just so hungry (I sometimes get too excited about food) that I kind of jogged out of our office across the living room and wouldn’t you know that darn boot caught on the carpet and sent me flying into the dining room table and chairs. Although hilarious now it was actually quite painful and left a scrape on my chin (from hitting the table) and a huge rug burn on my knee as I slid into the dining room furniture. I think I might have scars from it

6. I used to suck my thumb as a kid and I sometimes still wake up sucking my thumb.

TAG YOU’RE IT – so I BETTER see some fun, or not so fun (and even embarrassing) truths about you on your blog: GINGER, ERIKA, CAMI, GAIL, TRUDE, ALLISON and DANA

6 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh, ursala. It was so fun to read about you! I guess I knew you were a bit of a home-body, but you can be so outgoing and we hung out with lots of friends in high school that I guess I didn't know that you really don't like social situations. Anyway, thanks for sharing, it was fun!

ensadler said...

Ha Ha! I knew I couldn't escape getting tagged! I am going to have to do some serious blogging here soon. I was tagged by my sister in law for a recipe tag. Anyway, I really enjoy your blog. I am so happy that I joined blogging land!

Trude said...

hey I never knew any of that about you ! :-) ... was I just tagged btw ?? eekk .. gotta start thinking ..

Ginger and Gregg said...

Hey I love your blog! I don't get the whoe tag thing but I'll play along, just give ne some time. So it doesn't surprise me that you tripped on your shoes. It reminds me of a few memories of you falling on the icy streets of Rexburg, or was that me? I think I also have some lovely pictures of your scraped up leg from rollerblading. Good times.
-ginger

The Lukes said...

Thanks for the laugh! Now I don't feel about about my "psycho pregnant lady" personality and all of my tripping experiences as well.

Tora Family said...

Lisa: I was a bit more outgoing in high school, but have since become a little more withdrawn...I guess my fearless days are over. :)
Ginger: I know I wiped out a few times on the ice, but I do recall seeing you on the ground several times, but I know I have most beat in the "cluts" category...accept maybe Trude...close tie!!!