Monday, September 8, 2008

Warning: Sappy Post Ahead

Lately I haven't had much to say. We've definitely been busy, but I just didn't feel like posting about it. Things have certainly picked up with Patrick back in school and working, and I also went back to work part-time, so we've been doing a little schedule juggling.

Usually our posts are about Gabriel, because, let's face it, he is pretty darn cute. But, I think this one will be about Patrick. Usually I post about him when there is a special occasion...like his birthday or Fathers Day or Thanksgiving. But, I think there shouldn't always have to be a special occasion to show my love and appreciation for my husband.

Last Valentines Day I gave my husband a list of 101 reasons why I love him. When I first thought of the idea I wasn't sure if I would be able to come up with 101 reasons. It just so happened around that time I found myself constantly irritated with Patrick...every little fault seemed to be magnified in my eyes. I'm not sure why I was being so petty, but when I sat down to make this list I wasn't sure what I would come up with. As I wrote down all of the attributes I loved about him I realized that they far outweighed any of the stupid little things I was hung up on.

I often do not give my husband enough credit...the benefit of the doubt...the patience and love that he ALWAYS shows me. I really couldn't imagine my life without him. He is my best friend and the only one who knows EVERYTHING about me and loves me all the more for it. So, I thought I would take the TOP TEN reasons (in no particular order) from my list of 101 and share them with you:

1. You love me (unconditionally) for who I am
2. We can just sit and talk about nothing
3. I feel free to be myself around you
4. You don't care about what people think
5. You are deeply loyal to those you love
6. You can laugh at yourself
7. You easily forgive
8. You sometimes call me just to hear my voice
9. You have a very generous heart
10. You are very accepting of others

Aren't I lucky?

3 comments:

Simantha said...

AWWWWWWWWW and AWWWWW again! thats it thats all I have to say AWWWWWWW so cute!

Lisa said...

So sweet! You truly are blessed to have each other and little Gabriel! I think we all too often take our husbands for granted, so thanks for sharing!

Belle said...

Isn't marriage to a soulmate spouse one of the most exquisite things in the world!!!!