As I mentioned in an earlier post we are very close to some Church History sites; namely the Kirtland Temple and the John Johnson Farm. My dad is in the trucking business and has a lot of clients out east, so he was in the Ohio area during the first part of June and we all went up to Kirtland to the Church Visitor's Center and to see the Kirtland Temple. We didn't have enough time to get to the Johnson Farm, but we'll definitely go another time.It was a wonderful expereince...especially for me. Unfortunately, I've never fully considered all that Joseph Smith and the early Saints went through and accomplished in restoring Christ's church on the earth. I always knew the history, but never really pondered what it must have been like. The spirit was so strong as we toured the Whitney home and store. It was humbling to stand in small and meager spaces where such powerful things occured. I definitely came away with a strenthened testimony and a new appreciation for Joseph Smith, his family and all of those faithful Saints.



4 comments:
I hope you do make it to the Johnson farm--there is an incredible spirit there (we just went last month with Cory's parents). Kirtland is also great. The Whitney store had a great spirit as well. Also, there is a great little petting zoo a few miles from kirtland if you ever up in that area again!
How amazing! I'm so glad you all had fun. And that family picture is so cute.
oops i'm still on my families blog, this is Angie by the way. I better log out of my Mom and Dads blog :)
sorry about that!
I wanna go see these places sooo bad! Brad has been there before and has yet to take me! Maybe you guys will still be around there when we go...we'll have to get together if that's the case!!!
Post a Comment