He is speaking more and more...we are up to three word sentences now and he sometimes loves to just sit and talk...I love those moments. He is really picking up a lot of the things we say, and is able to apply these words, phrases or ideas at the appropriate time. For instance:
•When his blocks or trucks don't do exactly what he wants them to do he will say:
"Oh man...c'mon!"
•When he wakes up Daddy in the morning and Daddy doesn't get right out of bed he will yell:
"Wake up dada! I mean it!"
"Wake up dada! I mean it!"
•When he or someone (I won't name names) in the family toots we are trying to teach him to say excuse me, so we will ask him what to say when someone toots and he usually responds with:
"P - U! You stink!"
He's a crack-up!
So, as toddlers approach their second birthday many moms are thinking about potty training. Gabriel isn't quite ready to potty train, but I figure now is a good time to familiarize him with the idea so that he feels comfortable with it when it comes time to actually do the deed. So we've been talking about it, and he watches me go potty, and flushes the toilet. We also got a little toilet seat that goes on top of the regular toilet seat so that he can sit there if he wants. Every now and then he will want to sit on the toilet, but nothing ever happens. In fact the other day when I was done going potty he wanted to sit there, so I sat him on the toilet and we sat and talked for about 5 minutes, and as soon as he got down he peed on the floor. That is what makes me think he isn't quite ready to potty train, because he doesn't seem to recognize those urges yet. But, here are a few cute pictures of his attempts:



2 comments:
Good luck with that! I always dread potty training but Ethan was such a breeze which helped...Briggs on the other hand....hmmm.. Anyway, I know that everyone has their opinions but if you ever need any help please don't hesitate to call.
Potty training...Brad can't wait to get started on that with AimeeLynn. He's convinced he'll have her potty-trained by the time she's three. We'll see I guess. Love ya!
Post a Comment