
Gabriel said his first prayer a few weeks ago. I've been asking him if he wants to bless the food every time we sit down to dinner and he usually says no. But, one evening he said yes, and then he did his usual arm fold (where he covers his eyes with his folded arms) and I prompted him through the prayer - he did great! So, since then he is always eager to pray. He said his first prayer in nursery last Sunday. And we had the sister missionaries over for dinner last night and without any prompting he just started praying right after the sisters shared their spiritual thought...it was pretty funny, because we weren't quite ready.
He also likes to "read" the scriptures with us during family scripture reading, and always starts us out. He has his own little Book of Mormon and one of Patrick's old scripture cases. Every night he runs and gets it and climbs up on the couch to sit in his "spot." He opens the scriptures and starts "reading" away. We captured a video clip of it...pretty darn cute!
He also likes to "read" the scriptures with us during family scripture reading, and always starts us out. He has his own little Book of Mormon and one of Patrick's old scripture cases. Every night he runs and gets it and climbs up on the couch to sit in his "spot." He opens the scriptures and starts "reading" away. We captured a video clip of it...pretty darn cute!

7 comments:
That is sooo cute! Aren't kids so sweet (most of the time)!! What a sweet little boy and ooohhh so cute!
I have one just like that of Saki! I'm going to post it too. I promise i'm not copying you. Isn't it so sweet to capture those little things on camera. Love it!
So cute! He is going to make a great missionary someday. :)
he looks like a little missionary. that is so cute. i'm so jealous. i wish my boys would do that... i fight with my boys to say the dinner prayer. "it's not my turn, it's his turn"... enjoy the time while you can. lol
Oh, man, your little boy is so cute! I can tell you guys are awesome parents!
I really enjoyed reading your posts & so I wanted to leave a comment! :) Your trip to Ohio looked like an adventure...and you even passed through MN! ah! I said "no way?!" ahah. Your right, there are some pretty views! What a LONG car ride! & the tour of the historial church grounds looks all too sweet and knowledgable. Looks like you guys are having a grand time. Your family is so precious :)Take care! love Aja
Gabriel is such a CUTE little boy! He looks like a little missionary. And I love how he enjoys reading the scriptures and praying. I'm so lucky to be an aunty to such a handsome little man! :)
Post a Comment