Monday, June 6, 2011

It's Beginning to Feel Like Summer

Temperatures have been fluctuating from 70s - 90s, and all the neighborhood kids are out of school, so it must be summer!

We've been trying to stay busy at home since Gabriel and I are stranded without a car. We only have one car, and Patrick takes it to work everyday. Thankfully we are close to a bus-line and a short walk from the doctors office since Gabriel had his first bought with strep throat last week (all is well now).

I've been working on some family history, which I LOVE! I've gotten several names prepared for youth baptisms for the dead in a few weeks, and then Patrick and I plan to attend the temple following the baptisms to perform the rest of the work. This will be the first time either one of us is doing work for our own family. It's all been pretty amazing, and we still have a lot of work to do. Lucky for me there was a cousin on my maternal grandmother's side of the family that kept a detailed family history for the past five generations. My grandma just sent me all of her writings, and I loved reading about my ancestors, and in turn hearing some stories my own Grandmother could recall. They had such difficult lives and were so hard-working. As I've "turned my heart" towards them more in preparing to do their work I have developed a love and respect for family I have never met, and dare I say that I've almost felt the spirit or presence of these ancestors??? It's all become very addicting...looking for these family members and making the connections, and now I'm to a point where I need to spend some time at our Family History Library doing some research - I can't wait!

Gabriel has also kept himself busy - between the occasional movie and popcorn day to helping me clean  our carpet and weeding our little flower bed. He's also kept busy with all the neighborhood kids playing and tearing around.
He insisted on having all of those blankets - I don't know how he even sees his movie.

Gotta have the popcorn!

Lazy Summer Day - Taking a break with Jeramiah

Fun with sidewalk chalk!

Playing some sort of game - eyes closed with smiles on their faces.

2 comments:

Megan said...

i love that your doing all this family history, good for you and to be able to feel connections with them, thats way cool! I love all the pics hes getting SO BIG!

Sarah said...

so cool that you've gotten into family history! and i love Gabriel's cute little face in that last picture, you can tell he is such a fun friend! and p.s. if you guys ever need to get out of your house, just give me call and we'd be glad to go on an outing with you :)