Thursday, October 13, 2011

Conference Weekend

Since we are on Eastern time our first conference session doesn't start until 12noon! So, we fill our Saturday morning with cooking so that we have yummy things to grab and eat during and inbetween sessions. Historically all of our conference weekends have been cold, rainy and/or snowy, and this year was no different. Per our "Cold-Conference-Weekend" tradition we break out the crockpot and make chili! We also decided to make some cut-out sugar cookies! We cut out Halloween shapes, and then I asked Gabriel what color he wanted to frost the cookies. He chose PINK! I tried to convince him to do orange or green or even black, but he wanted pink - and there you have it!
Spreading that PINK frosting
Taste Test


Yummy, Hearty, Stick-to-Your-Bones Chili
We really enjoyed hearing all of the conference talks and being able to snuggle on the couch while watching it in the comfort of our own home. I'm so grateful that we have a living prophet and apostles who are inspired to share their messages and testimonies. I'm so grateful that Gabriel can grow up knowing and recognizing and learning from a prophet of God. He gets so excited when it's the prophet's turn to speak. I'm especially grateful for the example of my husband who lives worthily of his priesthood, and gets so excited to take his son to the priesthood session. Yes, Patrick takes our 4yr old to the priesthood session (which doesn't even start until 8pm our time...normally bedtime), but Gabriel wants to follow his Daddy's example, and he looks forward to having that special time with his Daddy. When they arrived at the chapel to watch the priesthood session the Bishop said, "Gabriel, what are you doing here? Isn't it past your bedtime?" Gabriel responded with, "No, Bishop. I'm here to watch the prophet with my Daddy."

1 comment:

Belle said...

:) that's neat! I can't wait for Glenn and my boys to go-conference is so wonderful!

Glenn likes pink too-actually whatever Mere likes :)

I love your family photos! You look great! And I'm thinking Gabriel's looking lots like Patrick!?