So, Erika has tagged me to share a favorite recipe. This is one of my FAVORITE cakes. It's easy and oh-so-YUMMY!
Oatmeal Spice Cake
This warm, moist, flavorful cake is reminiscent of all the comforts of home. I like it with a light dust of powdered sugar over the top served with vanilla ice cream. It is also good glazed with a basic icing.
Prep Time: approx. 15 Minutes. Cook Time: 30 Minutes.
Ingredients
1 ½ cups boiling water
1 cup oatmeal
½ cup margarine or butter
1 cup brown sugar-packed
1 cup white sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp Allspice
½ tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
1 ½ cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
Directions:
1) Preheat oven to 350 and grease a bunt pan. If you don't have a bunt pan a 9x13 pan will be fine too.
2) Place oatmeal and margarine in a large mixing bowl. Pour boiling water over oatmeal and margarine and let stand until margarine is melted. (mostly melted works too)
3) Once margarine is melted beat in eggs, sugar and vanilla
4) Mix in dry ingredients.
5) Pour mixture into greased baking dish and bake on middle rack for 30 minutes or until toothpick comes clean from center of cake.
Oh...and I tag Lisa, Andrea and Kirsten to share a recipe on their blog!
2 comments:
Mmm, looking forward to trying it!!
That sounds sooooo good! I will have to make it soon. I love new recipes!
Post a Comment