1. We are thankful for our son. It was this time last year when we announced our pregnancy to our families. It was so exciting especially since it took us a couple of years to get pregnant. Pregnancy was rough and so was delivery, but it was so worth the outcome. We are so very thankful to have little Gabriel in our lives. We have never known such joy and fulfillment. It's an incredible journey to watch him grow and develop; and even more incredible is how much more we love him each day.
2. I am thankful for my husband. We will celebrate 6 years of marriage next month, and I certainly love him more now than I did almost 6 years ago. He is my strength and support - even when he is sometimes faced with the more inconsiderate side of me. Every so often we have a
conversation about how we can improve upon ourselves and our relationship, and he always asks how he can improve and I always have a few petty suggestions. But, when it comes time for him to suggest things for me to improve on he never has anything to say accept he loves me just the way I am - and I know I have more improvements to make than him. He is so loving and sweet and accepting of me and all my flaws - he is my best friend. He is an amazing, involved father who has perfected changing diapers, making bottles, feeding and playing with our son. What can I say - I'm in love with my husband. O yau domoni iko vakalevu!
conversation about how we can improve upon ourselves and our relationship, and he always asks how he can improve and I always have a few petty suggestions. But, when it comes time for him to suggest things for me to improve on he never has anything to say accept he loves me just the way I am - and I know I have more improvements to make than him. He is so loving and sweet and accepting of me and all my flaws - he is my best friend. He is an amazing, involved father who has perfected changing diapers, making bottles, feeding and playing with our son. What can I say - I'm in love with my husband. O yau domoni iko vakalevu!3. We are thankful for our families. They raised us, they love us thru the good and the bad, they support us, they make us laugh, they make us cry, they cook for us, they care of us, they advise us...they are our family - the ones we will not only spend this life with but also eternity in the next life. How thankful we are to have such a wonderful family.
4. I am thankful for old, squeaky floors that squeak with every step we take in our little, ghetto house that we rent while Patrick goes to school. But as ghetto as we may think it is...it is better than what most have in this world. Living in this blessed country are many who don't think they are as fortunate as they are. I've experienced much more humble living conditions in other parts of the world - and while the conditions were below American standards it was perfectly normal for that region. So, squeaky floors are good enough for us.
4. I am thankful for old, squeaky floors that squeak with every step we take in our little, ghetto house that we rent while Patrick goes to school. But as ghetto as we may think it is...it is better than what most have in this world. Living in this blessed country are many who don't think they are as fortunate as they are. I've experienced much more humble living conditions in other parts of the world - and while the conditions were below American standards it was perfectly normal for that region. So, squeaky floors are good enough for us. 5. I am thankful for all those who have gone before us and have made contributions that have vastly improved our lives. So many people that we have never known made huge sacrifices - some with their lives - to insure that we have certain rights, certain freedoms, certain luxuries we sometimes take for granted. Because of them I have the fullness of the Gospel, I can worship freely, I can vote, speak freely, think freely, have a warm bath, a lit room, a heated home, an information superhighway, a way to talk to those on the other side of the world...just to name a few.

3 comments:
So true, we all have so much to be thankful for! You sure have been blessed with a sweet beautiful baby! Isn't so wonderful to have such great husbands that are involved with diaper changes and feedings! I hope you guys have a great Thanksgiving! Hopefully we will see you in Billings.
oh is it thanksgiving time over there ? we don't celebrate thanksgiving this side of the world .. but it is true ! we can always find something to be thankful for .. I think it's wonderful that the things we are most thankful for pertain to family and nonmaterialistic things .. things that when we think about it, we really do appreciate and love, such as our family ..
certainly .. thanks! for all that I have ..
Gabriel is adorable, I love his chuncky little legs, Avery use to have them and once she started crawling that was it. I love his smile too!!! How fun, we are parents! You guys look like you are having a lot of fun in your marriage and you look beatiful as always.
Post a Comment