We've been in Billings so much lately I feel like maybe we should just move there and let Patrick commute to school, because I think the weekly drives either way would be about even. I know my mom wouldn't mind that...having her grandson even closer. Which leads me to our weekend...in Billings.I just had to post this because I thought it was so cute and profound in that pre-schooler sort of way. My parents are raising my sister's two boys, so it's always a special treat when we visit, because we get to have all that time with my nephews. Jory is the youngest at 4 years old. He is a sweet little boy; very thoughtful in everything he does. He likes it when Aunty Urs tucks him into bed, so last night I was upstairs doing all the bedtime rituals with him.
When I finally got him into bed he was sitting there just talking about random things to stall his bedtime even further. As he rattled things off I just kind of looked at him with a half-glazed look and empty "uh-huhs" while I tried to think of a way to bring it all back to bedtime. When suddenly he stopped his ramblings and touched my hand and said with a very serious look, "Aunty Urs, 10 is not a lot in jelly beans, so if you have jelly beans you should have 100."
He was so serious as if he were telling me the most important information he knew...and perhaps it was, but I found it refreshing to see it through his eyes.
2 comments:
hahahaha that IS cute! And I like the boys way of thinking.
Perfectly divine photo too, well done.
I love it when kids start talking and being fascinated by their own little discoveries and trains of thought. My little brothers said som cute things. . ..
Post a Comment