Tuesday, April 15, 2008

9 Months

I didn't think there would be such big changes from month to month in our little guy. In fact, it seems like he changes from week to week. He now has 5 teeth and weighs 18lbs 8oz. He certainly has a mind of his own and is very expressive. He is really starting to understand the things we say and learns so quickly. It's such an exciting thing to interact with him on this level. I think the best thing is that the love is no longer one-sided. I think he knew we were someone important in his life that took care of and loved him, but now he can express to us how he feels, and I'm just loving it!

Milestones:
-CRAWLING:
well, not a full crawl. He can crawl a few steps and then decides to back to the belly for an army crawl. He's had one too many face-plants and is a little uneasy about being on his knees. But, either way he certainly gets places.
-CRUISING: He LOVES to stand up and hang onto our ottoman or sofa and walk or "cruise". He will wave his hand or scream to get our attention...he wants all eyes on him. He also tries to challenge himself. His favorite is to hang on to the ottoman and throw a toy from one side to the other and walk over and get it. I think our next purchase will need to be a pushy-toy that he can hang onto and walk with.
-RECOGNIZING IMAGES: He LOVES to read books and he now know what a "baby" is by sound and by image as well as cat, dog and duck. If I ask him where it is he will touch it with his hand.
-NO!: He hates this word and completely understands it. I could say it in the nicest, sweetest tone and he will throw a fit, because he knows it means he can't do something he wants to do.

Quirks:
-He thinks it's hilarious when I blow my nose
-He is a TOTAL bear when he wakes up
-He loves to rip up paper, magazines, toilet paper...you name it
-He is obsessed with fuzzies or crumbs on the floor. There could be a toy right in front of him, but if he sees a crumb...hes all over it (at least someone in the house is on top of cleaning)

The video below was recorded last week. For those of you who aren't familiar with Fijian "uma" means kiss...and he has got this down!

2 comments:

Nels, Drea, and Crew said...

He is growing up so fast! I love his little headband.

ensadler said...

Looks like you cut his hair!! So cute! I would like to see a video of you telling him no! Cute "big boy" picture. I love the Nike sweat band!