Monday, April 28, 2008

Pioneer Woman

I will be the first to admit I sometimes spend too much time on the internet when I could be doing more productive things. But, I usually try to rationalize my time as being spent "keeping in touch" with family and friends and reading a good blog now and then (versus a good book...right?).

So, instead of spotlighting a good book (like I should be doing) I am spotlighting a good website that I've been reading instead of folding my laundry. She is sassy, hilarious, talented and writes with this incredible, honest, down-to-earth wit that keeps me coming back for more...meet Ree, a.k.a. Pioneer Woman: http://www.thepioneerwoman.com/

"I'm Ree, a.k.a. Pioneer Woman. Welcome to my frontier! I’m a thirty-something ranch wife, mother of four, and moderately-agoraphobic middle child who grew up on a golf course in the city. I attended college in Los Angeles and wore black pumps to work every day. I ate sushi and treated myself to pedicures on a semi-regular basis. I even kissed James Garner in an elevator once. Now I live in the middle of nowhere on a working cattle ranch. My days are spent changing diapers, chipping dried manure from boots, washing jeans, and frying calf nuts. I have no idea how I got here, but you know what? I love it. Don’t tell anyone."

She not only has cleverly written memoirs, but also wonderfully illustrated recipes, a fun home and garden section, and (my favorite) a photography section with tools, tips and beautiful photos.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Yay! I'm glad I'm not the only huge fan of her site. I check her blog (including her photography blog and cooking blog) daily and I think she is hilarious! Here's to NOT folding laundry!

Ginger and Gregg said...

It's been awhile since I have been blogging and I love all the new postings of Gabriel. I can't believe he is 9 mos old and how fun that he is crawling. My stupid computer won't let me bring up slides or videos- but I bet he is cute crawling! The Pioneer Woman sounds like a fun blog to read. I wish I had more time to browse the internet. I don't know where my time goes- I just have 2 kids right? Some days it feels like 5.