Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Have you ever...


Have you ever walked in to pick your baby up out of the crib and he looks more grown up than when you put him to bed a few hours earlier? I swear that happened today. There are often moments like this...when I will glance at my baby and all of a sudden he looks more grown. I really don't like it...can't he be this age forever?

2 comments:

Sapp Family said...

I've had a couple of those moments happen already. Ugh...I don't like it either. They really do grow up way too fast!! Love you! Give Gabriel a hug for me. :)

Lisa said...

It's funny you say that. Cory and I spent a good hour talking about that very subject late last night. How we really feel like we enjoy every moment with our kids and in the same breath feel a tinge of sadness that we will never be in this same exact spot with our kids again; how we wish we could just freeze time and hold onto them a little longer. Often when I go into kiss my kids goodnight they look a year older than they really are and it always makes my heart sad. Can you miss your child while still being with them everyday? I think I do. Enjoy every day; they grow so quickly.