Wednesday, December 31, 2008

7 Years Have Come and Gone

Meet Patrick (1999 version)...a young, sexy, fun-loving guy. I never knew a guy could have so much to say until I met Patrick. He liked to talk...probably because I didn't...and we spent many hours...after class, while studying, or into the wee hours of the morning just talking. It didn't take long for me to fall head over heels.


Meet Ursala (1999 version). Also known as the younger, sillier (yes that is a bra on the outside of my t-shirt), thinner self...the version of me that Patrick met back in the day. After MANY hours, days, weeks, months of us talking and building a great friendship we decided to date.
Meet the engaged version of Patrick and Ursala. I love this picture...kissing on the Golden Gate Bridge...the wind blowing through my hair...so cliche. Geesh...that was back when we were still using film cameras...they've come a long ways...we've come a long ways.


Here we are today (August 2008 version). A little wiser, more patient, more tolerant, more in love. I've loved spending the last seven years married to my best friend. I wouldn't change any of those years...even the not so great moments. It's all brought us to the here and now, and it couldn't be better!

6 comments:

Melanie said...

Cute pictures, Ursala. I can't believe you've been married 7 years - longer than I have which means you must have it all figured out by now!

Nels, Drea, and Crew said...

Congratulations! I must say I have a picture from the college days a lot like yours. :)

Lisa said...

Congrats!! You look so pretty Urs! I think you and Patrick make a wonderful couple and I couldn't be happier for the both of you. Happy New Year!!

Sapp Family said...

Oh my gosh! I love the past time pictures of the two of you! How cute!! By the way, thanks for the christmas card...I was being a bum this year and didn't get any made...I better get 'em done next x-mas though! Wow, 7 years! You guys are almost to your 10 year anniversary...how neat! I love you!

Karla said...

Congratulations on the anniversary!.. Crazy how time just keeps on ticking and life just keeps getting better. :) I love seeing your old pictures kinda funny how you always think you haven't changed a bit, until you bust out the old pictures. (Well atleast for me I am forever 22. :))

Todd and Angie Powell said...

Great pictures! You two are the sweetest. I'm so glad we were able to get to know you.