Sunday, December 14, 2008

Throwing Shoes

Okay, I know this could have been serious, but I kind of got a laugh out of it. No, I'm not a Bush hater, but have to admire his QUICK reflexes. I suppose what got me laughing even more is thinking of myself up there. I wouldn't have been quick enough to miss the first shoe and I would have been in such a stupored daze that the second shoe would have certainly got me.

Bush ducked both shoes as they whizzed past his head and landed with a thud against the wall behind him. "It was a size 10," Bush joked later

By the way, in the Iraqi culture throwing a shoe at someone is a sign of contempt. The Iraqis wacked a statue of Saddam with their shoes after U.S. marines toppled it to the ground following the 2003 invasion.

No comments: