Monday, December 22, 2008

Merry Christmas


Dear Friends & Family: Happy Holidays from the Tora Family!

We've kept ourselves busy this year - with a trip to Fiji, two semesters of school completed, a summer of road trips and family fun, new jobs, new church callings, and a year of fun baby milestones; we can look back at 2008 and feel content with our lives.

What a good place to be! There are still many things to look forward to, but we've learned this year the importance of living in the every day. I suppose having a baby in the home has helped us to realize this even more.

Gabriel is so much fun, and we just fall in love with him more every day. By the time you receive this card he will almost be 18 months old. He is running everywhere and has so much energy and personality. He LOVES to read books, dance and play outside; and he can't go anywhere without his teddy bear. He is very social and will wave and say "hi" to everyone he sees. I think our favorite thing right now is that he tries to say "I love you;" only his version is "aye uuuuuu." Can it get better than that?

We're so blessed. Words cannot express the gratitude we feel for all that we have; and it is because our Heavenly Father has blessed us with it all.

"Our realization of what is most important in life goes hand in hand with gratitude for our blessings....Send that note to the friend you've been neglecting; give your child a hug; give your parents a hug; say "I love you" more; always express your thanks. Never let a problem to be solved become more important than a person to be loved....Let us relish life as we live it, find joy in the journey, and share our love with friends and family. One day each of us will run out of tomorrows." -President Thomas S. Monson

We love you all - Patrick, Ursala and Gabriel

5 comments:

ensadler said...

I forgot to mention I did receive your postcard. One year I would like to get it together enough to get one of those sent out, but things aren't looking promising!

Gail said...

seasons greetings to you and your family my dear. Thanks for being there along my journey.

Much love
-g

Druava Family said...

Our little one just started with the I Love You too, it is the best!! It makes my day when she says it. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Love, the Druava's

Dana said...

I love your postcard idea. Such a beautiful picture of you all! I posted our card on my blog as well. Hope you have a Merry Christmas!

Nels, Drea, and Crew said...

Merry Christmas! It sounds like you guys had a great year. We are waiting for kids to fall asleep so we can be Santa's little helpers.