Tuesday, December 2, 2008

One More Month 'Till Nursery

I still can't believe Gabriel is going to be going into the nursery at church next month. His growth is still pretty slow. We were in to see the doctor a little over a week ago because he was sick with the croup. So, they weighed him, of course, and he was only 22lb 12 oz. His weight is a little better...he is now above the 10th percentile instead of below it, but he's still our little bean.

I think we are past the "holding his breath until he passes out" phase. He still has plenty of tantrums, but on most occasions he will take that necessary breath while in a rage. Every now and then I will have to do something (usually distraction) to get that breath, but not like before.

So, the other day I was thinking (proudly) that Gabriel had quite the vocabulary...you know...first time parent...thinking their kid is smarter than the rest. He can say 15-20 words clearly...and then there are another 20 or so that only mommy and daddy can decipher. Then we go over to a friends house, and she has a daughter that was born 2 days before Gabriel and she can practically speak in sentences...what the heck?! Good thing I didn't go over there and start bragging about Gabriel's vocabulary. *wink* Anyway, I still think he is brilliant, and he is such a sweet cuddle-bug...he will even say I love you...accept it's "aye uuuuu."

So, here are just a few pictures from the past month:

Can I just say that whoever invented Chef Boyardee surely was not thinking about how kids and stains go hand-in-hand. I decided to try out the ravioli with Gabriel, because he has low iron and this stuff has a lot of iron...it was a disaster. He didn't like it and decided it would be fun to play with it and rub it all over his face and hair...and it stained everything! I had to use some bleach and major elbow grease to get out the stains from his highchair:
















Gabriel got these bath toys from his Aunt MaryAnn and Uncle Brad for his 1st birthday, and has loved them since:


1 comment:

Celeste Tabakece said...

Our little Saki has always been little too. He has never been above the 10th percentile. I do have hope for when he goes in for his two year check up though:) Anyway, wait until another one comes along. Just within the last three days both Ife and I have commented on how big of a boy Saki is. For some reason he seems like the biggest boy ever.